Severe Diarreah

Stomach, intestinal and colon diseases

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
jeezmeneti66

Severe Diarreah

Postby jeezmeneti66 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:03 pm

I am a 41 year old female and have been experiencing what I would consider severe diarreah for about two days now. I have what feels like heartburn in my upper stomach below my chest and cramps that come and go with some severity. I have lost 8 lbs since this began and am beginning to worry. I am going to the bathroom about 6 or 7 times a day. Nothing but discolored water very yellow in color. My stomach rolls and gurgles all day. I also feel very nauseated but not vomiting. Although I haven't been diagnosed I believe that I suffer from IBS and have been for about three years. I have never had a case of diarreah to last even remotely this long. I am usually constipated and only have a bowel movement once a day.

lorne604

Postby lorne604 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:29 am

sounds like a viral or bacterial infection... I had diarrhea for 9 days like you describe it.

could also be food poisoning...

keep hydrated and if this lasts longer for 3 days without improvement, please see a doctor and get this checked out.

you may need a stool sample.

Return to “Gastroenterology Topics”