Pain above pubic bone

Stomach, intestinal and colon diseases

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:53 pm

Pain above pubic bone

Postby hinchcliffe » Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:01 pm

Hello, I am a 53 year old female and have been having pain on and off for several days above the pubic bone-right in the area of my 14 year old cesarean scar. It happens several times a day-sort of a jolt of pain that last only a second or two There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it, it doesn't happen if I am sitting or standing a certain way etc. . I have had no change in bowel habits, no fever, and I don't feel any swelling or lumps along the incision. I had my annual check up with my OBGYN in October before this started an everything was fine. I was doing some heavy lifting last week and was wondering whether I could have strained or pulled a ligament/muscle or in some way irritated the incision scar? If so, what can I do to treat it? Thanks for your time.

User avatar
Dr. Chan Lowe
Medical Doctor
Posts: 4069
Joined: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:35 pm

Postby Dr. Chan Lowe » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:21 pm

Hi Hinchcliffe,

There are a few possibilities regarding what may be going on. While it is unlikely after 14 years, there is a small possibility that you have developed a hernia through your incision site.

The location of the pain may also be indicative of a bladder infection. These can be present without fever, although they generally give some other symptoms like pain with urination, increased urination and increased urgency with urination. (These symptoms are not 100% though.)

With the lifting it is very possible that you have pulled a muscle.

If these pains continue I would recommend you see your doctor for an evaluation.

Best wishes.

Return to “Gastroenterology Topics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright © 2001-2016 Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.