Dizziness,bad stomach pain bad burps chronic diarrh

Stomach, intestinal and colon diseases

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
jellibelli247

Dizziness,bad stomach pain bad burps chronic diarrh

Postby jellibelli247 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:08 pm

For the last several months I have had chronic diarrhea with blood in stools and vomit of blood intermittently. I have constant bad sulfur like burps. I am now constantly dizzy, with what feels like my heart skipping a beat every couple of minutes. If I lay on my side or tighten my stomach, I have intense pains in my middle lower stomach. At first I thought this was scar tissue from a ventral hernia repair after my hysterectomy (I also have no ovaries) in 06......... Or stress related, but now I am not sure. I am also extremely tired all the time and have what feels to be a lump on my lower left quadrant of the tummy. I am at a loss, and have been afraid to really tell my dr whats up except for the tiredness and pain in body all the time. I already see her for ptsd and related issues. Any help would be wonderful! Thanks! Jelli

Theresa Jones, RN
Nurse

Re: Dizziness,bad stomach pain bad burps chronic diarrh

Postby Theresa Jones, RN » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:02 pm

Hi Jelli,
I am strongly encouraging you to have an evaluation by your physician. Your symptom of dizziness and irregular heartbeat may be directly related to blood loss in the stool. Anemia (blood loss) also causes sypmtoms of fatigue, pallor, shortness of breath, etc. I again urge you to have an evaluation.
Best wishes.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

Return to “Gastroenterology Topics”