I hope someone can help us make a decision on what to do next in my husbands treatment. To give you a brief history....at 45 he had persistent stomach pain for approx. 2 years. He had a perforated ulcer in Sept of 04. He didn't seem to be getting any better post surgery so with a lot of persistance on our part he had a scope and was dx with gastric/duodenal cancer on Dec 27/04. They performed a whipple surgery on jan 7/05. When the pathology came back, it said it was poorly differenciated, adenocarcinoma, signet ring cell. There was residual tumor at the margins, on the outside of the removed organs and in the peritenium which was a result of the perfortation in Sept. He is almost finished his chemo (cisplatin,epirubisin,5-fu infusion) He is feeling pretty good considering what he has been through. He had a ct scan yesterday and our onc has given us the choice of what to do next. If the scan shows growth we can continue with the chemo to try and slow it down(it obviously isn't working if there is growth?) If there is no growth he can stop the chemo and wait until it does grow and start over, or continue with the chance that he will become resistant to the chemo. This is the only protocol available for this type of Cancer in Canada, so there is no other option to use if this one doesn't work. We would really appreciate your input on what course to take.