blood during bowel movements

Stomach, intestinal and colon diseases

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
???

blood during bowel movements

Postby ??? » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:57 pm

For the last couple of days when i have a bowel movement I am seeing blood in the bowl. At first just a bit, then more, but then went away and came back. There was extreamly loose stool with the blood. I was told that it is more than likely just internal hemroids but then does nothing to ease my nervousness. How worried should i actually be :?: :?: :?:

Jennifer R.N.

Blood.....

Postby Jennifer R.N. » Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:14 pm

Is your stool just streaked with blood or are you passing frank bloody stool? Is it bright red or is your stool black and tarry? If it's bright red streaks then I would say it's only hemmorroids and don't worry about it. If they're painful there are over the counter medications you can buy. If you have black tarry stool or are passing red bloody stool then see your doctor right away. You could have a upper or lower GI bleed. Hope this helps some.

spongebob

blood during bowel movement

Postby spongebob » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:41 am

for the last 2 months i have noticed that after my monthly period, about the time i am ovulating, whenever i have a bowel movement there is blood. i goes away within a week. i am not constipated, but my bowel movements are sometimes hard. is this something to be concered about

Return to “Gastroenterology Topics”