How do I get rid of genitial warts?

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
rampagejackson

How do I get rid of genitial warts?

Postby rampagejackson » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:55 pm

I have recently came to the conclusion that I have Genitial Warts. Two on my penis and about four or five just above my penis on my pubic mound. I have been doing some research online and alot of information points to this product called Wartrol wich you ingest orally. I have not seen a doctor yet because I am so embrassed. My question is should I just bite the bullet and go and see a doctor. And if I do should I see a urologist or like a dermatologist. Or should I take my chances with ordering a product online to save my self the embrassement? Thanks for your help!

Debbie Miller, RN
Nurse

Re: How do I get rid of genitial warts?

Postby Debbie Miller, RN » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:56 am

Hello,
Your best solution is to see a doctor. Please try to get over the embarrassment as this is a very common problem. Your doctor has likely seen and treated it many times. If your family doctor makes you uncomfortable here, see a urologist.

Best wishes.
The answers in online forums are for information only and are not intended to substitute for medical advice and care. Please see your personal health care provider for further evaluation of your individual case.

Debbie Miller, RN

Return to “Sexually Transmitted Diseases”