Daughter and I - Thick Lump Feeling in Lower Throat 2 days

Discuss other infectious diseases here.

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
djemge

Daughter and I - Thick Lump Feeling in Lower Throat 2 days

Postby djemge » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:05 pm

I have had a thick lump like feeling in my lower throat for 2 days. It bugs me when I swallow or talk. I mentioned it to my 16 yr old daughter and she has the same thing just today. Neither of us feels sick, nor are we congested with runny noses or anything like that. But this lump thick feeling bugs us, but does not hurt.

I am 43, F, good health, overweight, no surgeries.

Dr. Chan Lowe
Medical Doctor

Re: Daughter and I - Thick Lump Feeling in Lower Throat 2 days

Postby Dr. Chan Lowe » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:09 pm

Hi Djemge,

Most likely you both have a viral throat infection that is causing some swelling lower in your throat, even though you don't have any other symptoms. Really, any other cause would be very unlikely to develop in both you and your daughter at the same time.

If it persists I would recommend that you see your doctor to have this checked out.

Best wishes.
Advice and opinions given are based on the information provided and must not be considered an official medical recommendation. The limitations of the internet prevent an appropriate evaluation. Always consult your doctor if there is concern.

Return to “Other infections”