weird brown spots

Candidiasis, moulds, dermatophytes and other fungal infections.

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
soccerkid07

weird brown spots

Postby soccerkid07 » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:24 pm

Hi im an 18 year old male. im not too sure how long ive had this for but maybe since i was 13 years old maybe younger ive had a brown mark/spot next urethral opening of my penis. its very small but over years it looks like it has gotten a bit bigger. until now i have a few of these brown marks on the head of my penis maybe about 5 .. some or bigger than the others. i had jock itch when i was younger, and also earlier this year i had jock itch so ive been thinking it could be jock itch - only on the head of my penis. im a virgin so i don't think it would be any std's and i don't really want to go to the doctors. please help!!!!!

Dr. Chan Lowe
Medical Doctor

Postby Dr. Chan Lowe » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:23 pm

Hi Soccerkid07,

There are a few possibilities. It may be a fungal infection, particularly one called tinea versicolor that can give some darker spots. The location would be a little unusual for this infection, though.

Another possibility is that these are simply areas of increased pigmentation and are not due to an infection.

My advice would be to have your doctor take a look at these the next time you are in for a physical. Your doctor will be professional, I assure you.

Best wishes.

Return to “Fungal infections”