I think i may have broken my elbow....Help Please

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
Kasey

I think i may have broken my elbow....Help Please

Postby Kasey » Sun May 30, 2004 2:39 am

ok i fell off my bike yesterday...landed on my elbow...i couldnt move it at first...but today i can move it pretty well but it really hurts when i do...when i make a fist it hurts or move my fingers it hurts...there is a little swelling and a big bruise...and my elbow feels tense...could it possibly be broken?

Kasey

Postby Kasey » Sun May 30, 2004 3:09 am

srry but i have one more question...i broke my wrist about a year ago and when i rotate my wrist i hear a grinding and sometimes it pops...and sometimes when it pops its hurts..what does that mean???

Dr. Tamer Fouad
Medical Doctor

Postby Dr. Tamer Fouad » Sun May 30, 2004 5:17 am

Hi Kasey,
It would be very difficult to say if you have a broken bone over the internet. You can be a better judge of that given your previous accidents. I think you should go and see your doctor. He will be able to tell you by examination what the chances are that you have a broken bone. He may require that you perform and x-ray and will probably place you on pain killers.

Best of luck,
Dr. Tamer Fouad, MD
MB, BCh, MSc Internal Medicine.
Consultant of Hematology - Oncology.

Kasey

Postby Kasey » Sun May 30, 2004 12:09 pm

you didnt anser my other question...i broke my wrist a year ago and everytime i rotate my wrist it sound like grinding and sometimes it pops...and when it pops it hurts. what does that mean?

Dr. Tamer Fouad
Medical Doctor

Postby Dr. Tamer Fouad » Sun May 30, 2004 8:05 pm

Typically the "popping" you have comes from a sprained ligament that's causing laxity in the joint. The looseness in the joint allows tendons or ligaments to snap over each other or other bones, causing the popping sound.
Dr. Tamer Fouad, MD

Kasey

Postby Kasey » Sun May 30, 2004 9:56 pm

but my wrist isnt sprained or anything i have full movement....and could i have something done about it?? i mean do i gotta see a doctor...this has been going on for a while.

Dr. Tamer Fouad
Medical Doctor

Postby Dr. Tamer Fouad » Mon May 31, 2004 1:26 am

Kasey,
I think you should go and see a doctor for your recent problem. While you are doing that you can tell him about the popping. Like I said its the looseness in the joint that allows tendons or ligaments to snap over each other or other bones, causing the popping sound.
Dr. Tamer Fouad, MD

Return to “Bone trauma and fractures”