Messed up hand

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
mrc481

Messed up hand

Postby mrc481 » Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:15 am

alright, so i punched a steel door at school out of frustration, came home and punched a wooden dresser in my house a few days ago. i've been accidently banging the same hand on different various objects such as windows and doors since. There was no bruising but my hand appears to be swollen around my pinky area. I can still move my fingers and my hand with ease but there is a small stinging pain regardless of movement. when I make a fist it causes great discomfort in my pinky knuckle and when I lay my hand flat on a flat surface, there is a hard lump that is not on my other hand which appears to be my knuckel pushed back.. its soar to put pressure on my knuckle and my bone in that area. just wondering whats wrong with it and i have not been to see a doctor yet. i'm a 17 year old male by the way

Dr. Chan Lowe
Medical Doctor

Postby Dr. Chan Lowe » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:40 pm

It is quite possible that you have a fracture of the bone.

I would recommend that you see your doctor to get an x-ray. Occasionally, hand fractures need to have some casting or repairs done to keep the range of motion from being impaired.

Best wishes.
Advice and opinions given are based on the information provided and must not be considered an official medical recommendation. The limitations of the internet prevent an appropriate evaluation. Always consult your doctor if there is concern.

Return to “Bone trauma and fractures”