******healed fracture pain*****

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
gerwalsh27

******healed fracture pain*****

Postby gerwalsh27 » Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:05 am

hi,
i fractured my lower arm about four years ago,and every now and then i get shooting pains up from just above my wrist to just below the elbow (the general area of the healed fracture), it happen when i lift something heavy or push on it the wrong way.it comes and goes, we are having very damp weather at the moment and someone said it could be that.anyway its quiet sore any suggestions of whats wrong would be great, maybe this is normal for old fractures.

Thanks
G.

Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi
Medical Doctor

Postby Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:08 pm

Dear gerwalsh27,

If your fracture was compound (in multiple areas of the bone) and not a simple one, then in some scenarios depending on when and how it was treated and If it was well or mal-united ,alot of factors influence the pain you are feeling.

Most probably you had a slight nerve injury at the time of fracture that is causing that shooting pain...nerve cells regenerate very slowly and I advice you to take vitamin B12 to help in that.

Best regards,
Dr.Wafaa Abdel-Hadi.

Return to “Bone trauma and fractures”