Trauma Healing and Low Grade Fevers

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
Katelynn58

Trauma Healing and Low Grade Fevers

Postby Katelynn58 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:27 pm

3 1/2 weeks ago I was hit by a drunk driver and my legs were run over by his boat trailer. I received a skull fracture, and facial, arm and ankle fractures. I also have very deep bruising on my legs from the crushing. Since coming home I have been getting low grade fevers everyday. Never above 99.6. Are low-grade fevers normal to healing? I had a CBC last week, and everything was normal... but these fevers just exhaust me. Everyone tells me it is normal for the healing process due to all the inflammation and multiple fractures. If that is true, how long can I expect to have them? Thank you so much for any help.
Katelynn58

Theresa Jones, RN
Nurse

Postby Theresa Jones, RN » Sat Jun 04, 2005 4:24 am

Hi Katelynn58,
It sounds like you have suffered a significant amount of trauma. Elevations in temperature (under 101) are considered relatively normal after any trauma, fracture, or surgical treatment due to the bodies healing process. Elevations may fluctuate mildly during the entire healing time. Get well soon!
Sincerely,
Rntdj

Return to “Bone trauma and fractures”