Lower back pain

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:25 am

Lower back pain

Postby Hunter29 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:44 am

Hi i am a 29 year old women i have noticed latley when i sit down eg at the computer or at table i get bad pain at the very bottom of my spine above my anus. I went also for a recent massage and the pain in that area when the pressed was very sore, I also have been passing blood sometimes from my back passage when i am passing but only sometime but it is not painfull.

I also have not had my periods for a few months, and i am always TIERD. but this has been an on going thing since have 16 but alot more tierd of late.

I am hoping and thinking none of them are related but i was looking for some advice.


User avatar
Debbie Miller, RN
Posts: 4746
Joined: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:41 pm
Gender: Female
Location: USA

Postby Debbie Miller, RN » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:55 am

I would recommend that you start with a complete physical examination. Tell the doctor all your symptoms so he/she can help you in the best way possible.

For my best guess: It is possible it could be coccydynia, which is really a collection of conditions with different causes and treatments. The pain can disappear spontaneously or with treatment. In some cases it can continue for years, possibly worsening. It is five times more common in women than men and it appears that in most cases the pain is caused by an unstable coccyx, which causes chronic inflammation.

Hormonal variations can also affect this condition and your varying menstrual pattern might also be consistent with this. Blood would not necessarily be associated however, so we may be off base here. I think it's worth investigating the possibility. An orthopedic specialist would be the one to consult for this condition.

Good luck with this.
The answers in online forums are for information only and are not intended to substitute for medical advice and care. Please see your personal health care provider for further evaluation of your individual case.

Debbie Miller, RN

Return to “Spinal problems and back pain”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.
We subscribe to the HONcode principles. Verify here

Privacy Statement | Terms & Conditions | Editorial Board | About us
Copyright © 2001-2016 Doctors Lounge. All rights reserved.