Lower back pain to lower front abdominal

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
Eros

Lower back pain to lower front abdominal

Postby Eros » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:34 am

Im a 43 yoa male 240 lbs with a slight degenerated disk (cat scan) and a colon colonoscopy. I have small internal hemorrhoids that usually bleed when I drink alcoholic beverages, and was prescribed Proctofoam for this condition, but it doesn't seem to work.
I now have a problem that has been occurring only when I sleep at night. I have lower back pain that travels to my lower left front quadrant just below my waistline. The pain occurs only at night when I sleep and it causes moderate pain when I try to roll over in bed. Usually I have to grab hold of the side of the bed to rollover.
I have no pain in this area during the day and can do regular activities without any signs of pain. During the summer I did remove a tanning bed that was heavier then I ever thought and had slight pain. I have no bumps or bulges that I can feel in the area and this problem happens at night only. Any Ideas what is causing the pain?

Eros

Postby Eros » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:03 pm

Ok now my pain is concentrated on my lower left side below my waistline and just above my groin. The pain only occurs at night,and it feels like you are
squeezing a sponge with the tightness. I still have no pain during the day and it's not sore when i touch the area to se if I can feel any lumps.

Return to “Spinal problems and back pain”