Feeling pregnant

Questions related to pregnancy and delivery

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
WorriedinWA

Feeling pregnant

Postby WorriedinWA » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:22 pm

I am 27 years old, with 3 kids. I had my tubes tied about 5 years ago. I've had fairly regular periods since then. I have a 28 day cycle. For about a month now, I've been feeling nauseous, and overly tired. Irritable. Things that I only felt when pregnant. I had a period in August but it was really light and didn't really need a pad/tampon and lasted only 3.5 days. And things are getting worse. I have seen my gyn and pregnancy test showed negative. I am trying to get in to see a regular md but in the mean time, I thought I'd post on here, see what you think.

Debbie Miller, RN
Nurse

Re: Feeling pregnant

Postby Debbie Miller, RN » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:25 pm

Hello,
Usually if the tied tubes grow back together and pregnancy occurs it happens in the first year or so after the procedure. The fact it has been five years makes me think it is not pregnancy, but exceptions do happen. I suspect you are experiencing normal hormonal fluctuation but if you miss your next period, do a home pregnancy test for your peace of mind.

Best wishes.
The answers in online forums are for information only and are not intended to substitute for medical advice and care. Please see your personal health care provider for further evaluation of your individual case.

Debbie Miller, RN

Return to “Obstetrics”