after new sexual partner brownish blood and early periods

Questions related to pregnancy and delivery

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
wer-12345

after new sexual partner brownish blood and early periods

Postby wer-12345 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:46 pm

my new sexual partner has quite a large penis. after having had (protected) sex with him a couple of times i have bled either straight away and had a period or my period has come on 10 days earlier than normal each time. this time i have a brownish blood and it is yet again 10 days early. before with previous patners i have been regular 28 days... o now it seems i am getting some sort of period every 2 weeks. it also doesnt seem painful and i usd to get painful periods with barely any blood. now there is lots of blood but not so painful.
is this normal?
It is not painful during sex just i think because it penetrated deep that this may have some effect.

Debbie Miller, RN
Nurse

Re: after new sexual partner brownish blood and early periods

Postby Debbie Miller, RN » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:52 pm

Hello,
Unless you are experiencing some trauma with intercourse due to friction, rough sex, lack of lubrication, etc. I would not expect any changes of this nature that would be caused by a different sexual partner. You might try taking it easy for a few days to see if things settle down. When you do have intercourse, be sure you have plenty of lubrication and don't go too fast with the heavy thrusting.

Best wishes.
The answers in online forums are for information only and are not intended to substitute for medical advice and care. Please see your personal health care provider for further evaluation of your individual case.

Debbie Miller, RN

Return to “Obstetrics”