bleeding from tear site 7 weeks postpartum

Questions related to pregnancy and delivery

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
mamain09

bleeding from tear site 7 weeks postpartum

Postby mamain09 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:12 pm

I am 7 weeks postpartum and my tear still really hurts and I'm still bleeding from the tear. I went in for my 6 week checkup but didn't get to see the doctor because he had to go deliver a baby. Whenever I wipe there is still blood. It hurts to walk still too. I delivered a 9 lb 10 oz baby vaginally and got a 2nd degree tear and several small urethral tears. Is there anything I can do about the pain and tears? Should I still be bleeding from the 2nd degree tear after 7 weeks?

Debbie Miller, RN
Nurse

Re: bleeding from tear site 7 weeks postpartum

Postby Debbie Miller, RN » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:40 pm

Hello,
I would call your doctor because I would expect bleeding to have stopped by now. You want to be checked to make sure there is no infection or complication from the laceration. Are you quite certain it is coming from the tear and not some vaginal bleeding? Tenderness can linger for a little while but should get better gradually.

Best wishes.
The answers in online forums are for information only and are not intended to substitute for medical advice and care. Please see your personal health care provider for further evaluation of your individual case.

Debbie Miller, RN

Return to “Obstetrics”