Small tumours on vulva, is it dangerous?

Gynecology questions

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
Synthia

Small tumours on vulva, is it dangerous?

Postby Synthia » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:56 pm

I'm a female and 18. About few weeks ago, I felt a small bump in my vagina but ignored it because i thought it was nothing. And yesterday, I felt small sac-like tumors on my vulva, It doesn't burn when i pee and it doesnt itch. What could it be? Is it dangerous?

Debbie Miller, RN
Nurse

Re: Small tumours on vulva, is it dangerous?

Postby Debbie Miller, RN » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:43 pm

Hello,
Without an exam I can't say for sure but the most likely cause is a bartholin cyst which results from fluid filling the duct that leads from the bartholin gland - the organ that lubricates the vagina. If this is the case, it is harmless. You can see your doctor to be sure and often they can be removed but draining often results in their return. There are other possibilities such as infected follicles, other cysts, polyps or warts so for an accurate diagnosis you should see your doctor.

Best wishes.
The answers in online forums are for information only and are not intended to substitute for medical advice and care. Please see your personal health care provider for further evaluation of your individual case.

Debbie Miller, RN

Return to “Gynecology”