Pink Vaginal Discharge. Is That Normal?

Gynecology questions

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
angelbabe7322

Pink Vaginal Discharge. Is That Normal?

Postby angelbabe7322 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:33 pm

I am 35 yrs old. I went to the restroom to go pee, and when I did, I noticed a pink vaginal discharge on my underwear. It didn't have an odor to it. But, when I wiped, there was blood. I just got over my period Sept. 5. I also douched twice after that. I have completely stopped. I am also getting a sharp, burning pain on my left abdomin. I have been sweating alot, and sleep deprivation. I go many nights without going to sleep until 5am. Is there something totally wrong with me? Please let me know what to do? Thanks.

Debbie Miller, RN
Nurse

Re: Pink Vaginal Discharge. Is That Normal?

Postby Debbie Miller, RN » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:50 pm

Hello,
I would not be alarmed about pink discharge and bleeding between periods when it is occasional as almost all women experience this.

Abdominal pain is very hard to diagnose without an exam since there are so many organs in the cavity. You could have something going on with the urinary system, or it could be relating to ovulation. Of course there are bowels and appendix in there too so any of those organs can flare up with infection, blockage, etc.

Hormone fluctuation as occurs with perimenopause can come with hot flashes, night sweats and sleep disturbance. This can also show up in period irregularities.

If this continues you should see a doctor to rule out any infection. A general physical exam with pelvic/pap smear should be part of your routine preventive care. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful from a distance.

Best wishes.
The answers in online forums are for information only and are not intended to substitute for medical advice and care. Please see your personal health care provider for further evaluation of your individual case.

Debbie Miller, RN

Return to “Gynecology”