itching, burning and pain when attempting sex.

Gynecology questions

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
mrs.cardwell

itching, burning and pain when attempting sex.

Postby mrs.cardwell » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:30 pm

im 19 and my husband and i have been together 2 years and recently i have been having a horrible itch and burning and when i rub my vaginia to stop the itching i get small pieces of vaginal tissue. when me and my husband recently attempted to have sex and he was unable to even put it in without hurting, i went to the bathroom after and i was bleeding very bad, not period but vaginal tissue. i think i may have ripped something but im not sure and don't know what to do. i cant see my doctor for a week.

Debbie Miller, RN
Nurse

Re: itching, burning and pain when attempting sex.

Postby Debbie Miller, RN » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:22 pm

Hello,
I would be suspicious of an infection. I would recommend avoiding sex until you see your doctor because the friction may just continue to irritate and cause pain. It could be yeast but it's best to get the correct diagnosis. If it is trauma from rough or dry sex, rest will allow it to heal. Once you attempt sex again, be sure to use extra lubrication to decrease friction. Don't worry too much - I would not anticipate anything serious.

Best wishes.
The answers in online forums are for information only and are not intended to substitute for medical advice and care. Please see your personal health care provider for further evaluation of your individual case.

Debbie Miller, RN

Return to “Gynecology”