Leaking brown urine, smelly fluid after period finished.

Gynecology questions

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
squirrelc17

Leaking brown urine, smelly fluid after period finished.

Postby squirrelc17 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:14 pm

I finished my period last sunday and since then i have had a brown fluid leaking from me, it is not a sitcky discharge, almost like it in my urine. but slowly leaking the whole time and there is an unpleasant odour.
i have had to wear a sanitary pad the whole time for the past week.

I am not on the pill but take 2 pills (transanemic acid (SP??) and mexafemic acid(sp??))to reduce heavy bleeding during my period.
I am a virgin so it can't be sexually related.
i am quite worried and find it very difficult to go to the doctor as i work full time and don't get much notice of days off. i also find it very embarrasing.
is there anything i can do???

Debbie Miller, RN
Nurse

Re: Leaking brown urine, smelly fluid after period finished.

Postby Debbie Miller, RN » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:53 pm

Hello,
Sometimes old blood can be released following a period and it will be brown rather than red. But, it should not be continuous so you should see a doctor if it doesn't stop on its own. There are infections you can get that are not sexually transmitted so you need to be sure of a correct diagnosis and treatment - only possible by seeing a health care provider.

Best wishes.
The answers in online forums are for information only and are not intended to substitute for medical advice and care. Please see your personal health care provider for further evaluation of your individual case.

Debbie Miller, RN

Return to “Gynecology”