13 Year old daughter with loads of symptoms

General Pediatrics Questions

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
AJAJ

13 Year old daughter with loads of symptoms

Postby AJAJ » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:32 pm

My 13 year old daughter has the following symptoms Help! Joint pain, dizziness, muscle pain, fatigue, chest pains that are relieved when she leans forward, and one blackout? What can be causing it all

She's not on any medicine, she's never had any operations or major illness, the only thing that I can think of is that she had a tickbite 2 years ago.

Dr. Chan Lowe
Medical Doctor

Postby Dr. Chan Lowe » Wed May 02, 2007 2:38 pm

All her symptoms are relatively non-specific. If these symptoms have all recently started I would be suspicious of a viral infection such as with Epstein-Barr virus. If you live in the southwest, valley fever is a definite possibility.

Rheumatologic diseases (such as systemic lupus erythematosis) are possible but less likely.

I would suggest you discuss her symptoms with her pediatrician to get some testing done. Valley fever and EBV can be tested for with a blood test. Screening tests such as a CBC will also be helpful.

Best wishes.
Advice and opinions given are based on the information provided and must not be considered an official medical recommendation. The limitations of the internet prevent an appropriate evaluation. Always consult your doctor if there is concern.

zandra

Postby zandra » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:10 pm

hi there i would just like to say , just like your daughter i have the exact same problems as your daughter and when i say exact i mean it !the chest pain when leaning forward included ,i have also blacked out more than 10 time ! anyway i just want to say i hope they can find out what is going on as i have been waiting a year and still no0 further progress in my tests .

if u find out any information on what is going on with ur daughter i would be grateful if u post it on here

hope her to get better soon and hope you to get to the bottom of this as it is frustrating
much thanks

Return to “Pediatric Topics”