3 month old with enlarged testicle

General Pediatrics Questions

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
worriedmom

3 month old with enlarged testicle

Postby worriedmom » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:04 am

My baby was born with an enlarged left testicle and at first i thought it was just normal swelling of a newborn but i was giving him a bath last week and noticed that the swelling was gone from the right testicle but not the left. It is not just fluid it is hard. his entire testicle is the size of my thumb. I brought him to our family doctor and he set me up with an urologist but the appointment isn't until november. Should I try to get him seen sooner? Is this something I need to have done right away and what could it be? Thanks for all your advice. :cry: :!: :!: :!: Our family doctor said it probably is not a hydrocele, It could be a hernia but he's not sure. The Urologist is supposed to do an ultrasound on it to see what it is exactly and what needs to be done to fix it.
Last edited by worriedmom on Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Heba Ismail
Medical Doctor

Postby Dr. Heba Ismail » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:56 am

Dear worriedmom,
It depends really on what your family doctor thinks it is, since he's the one who's examined it. It would be helpful if you could ask him, then I could guide you from there.
Best regards,

Dr. Heba Ismail, M.D.

Return to “Pediatric Topics”