hi. im new here.
i notice many posts are asking for advice yet do not mention going to a doctor.
i also notice that my own anxiety makes me hypervigilant when it comes to my health.
i am fortunate in that i have a gp who is able to combat my anxiety with his medical knowledge.
here is my list of when to go to the doctor:
1. anything which is out of character, dangerous, or has never happened before
2. total discomfort or pain
3. thinking which is out of character [ie suicidal or obsessive]
4. really sore throat, difficulty breathing, rashes, high fevers, persistant coughing
5. bones sticking out where they shouldnt be, severe headaches or injury
6. seeing, smelling, hearing things which other people don't
7. anything which causes housemate to say,"whats up with that?"
when not to go:
pimple, mild things which over the counter products make go away, things which a good nite's sleep can fix, bruises from dog jumping on a person, tummy ache from eating or drinking too much.
anyone want to add to either list?
brightest blessings--but not enough to trigger my photophobia, thank you.