Swollen Finger

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
minky1015

Swollen Finger

Postby minky1015 » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:55 am

For about a month now my finger has been bothering me. At first I thought I might have sprained it but now too much time has gone by. My husband sqeezed my hand and I almost went through the roof in pain. I looked at it more closely today and there is a bump and swelling right over my middle finger knuckle. I only noticed the swelling before but now I'm concerned because of the bump.

Dr. P. M. Aries
Medical Doctor

Postby Dr. P. M. Aries » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:45 pm

Swelling of the fingers might be a sign of arthritis (inflammation). Pain and swelling of a single or several joints may be sign of a rheumatoid disease, but can also be a sign of many other diseases. Best way to find it out is to visite your doctor, get blood investigations and images. It might be important to find it out early to prevent further damage of your joints.
All comments about diseases or therapies can only be a general recommendation, but do not replace a personal consultation of your doctor. Although all comments are carefully considered, they can not be the base for the introduction of medical therapies.

Return to “Rheumatology Topics”