Left thigh pain, discomfort

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
Scottino

Left thigh pain, discomfort

Postby Scottino » Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:58 pm

Hello, Ive had this issue for the last 3-4 months or so.... maybe even a little longer. It's gotten no worse... but definately no better... so i'm hoping before I decide to go to the doctor maybe you can help.

On the backside of my left thigh, halfway down.. it tends to be sore... a little numb, and tingling... maybe a little itchy sometimes too.. It's like this almost all the time now, I believe it started when I started doing driving for my company. I since then have been promoted to purchasing agent.... So I still sit all day at work.... then I go home and sit at my computer.... in pretty much the same type of chair. I started worrying about maybe a blood clot or something.... it's always the same feeling in the same spot.

I also have some pain on the front of my left leg. Appears to be vericose veins, though havent had it looked at either. The vericose veins started before the thigh pain. The front of my left leg would itch pretty bad, and got a little stiff.... I should have a doctor examine these issues.... but like most men I hoped these issues would just go away.

Dr. Tamer Fouad
Medical Doctor

Postby Dr. Tamer Fouad » Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:45 pm

Sottino,
Your symptoms appear to be mainly neurological. Have a look at our sciatica page.
Dr. Tamer Fouad, MD
MB, BCh, MSc Internal Medicine.
Consultant of Hematology - Oncology.

Return to “Rheumatology Topics”