Excrutiating Pain in knee on down leg

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
oldhen

Excrutiating Pain in knee on down leg

Postby oldhen » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:21 pm

I am Female 53yrs. Last night while sitting at the computer all of a sudden I got severe pain in knee running down my left leg. I almost went to the hospital I think at that point the pain was so severe I think I wished someone would cut my leg off. Does anyone know what that was? Today I am fine. But it did scare me.

Debbie Miller, RN
Nurse

Postby Debbie Miller, RN » Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:02 pm

I wonder if it was a "Charley Horse." These leg cramps can be excruciatingly painful as you describe but once they stop, your leg returns to normal without residual effects. They can often be caused by mineral deficiencies, or an electrolyte imbalance. Aside from this, I really can't say what else it might be.
The answers in online forums are for information only and are not intended to substitute for medical advice and care. Please see your personal health care provider for further evaluation of your individual case.

Debbie Miller, RN

Return to “Rheumatology Topics”