round open sore in between breasts that reoccurs.

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
kthnxbye

round open sore in between breasts that reoccurs.

Postby kthnxbye » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:50 am

I am 18 and I am female, last year a pimple looking thing appeared in between my breasts. It did not hurt and if I pinched and pulled the area, I could feel that under the skin it was hard. I mightve picked at it, I don't remember. I was told to put hydrocortisone on it and I did. It went away but left an ugly purple scar about the width of a pencil eraser. I never thought about it again until a month or so ago when the scar suddenly opened up and began to sting. It leaked out pus(or something that looked like it) and it was very raw. I bought some hydrocortisone cream and put it one time and it closed up. Today it reopened and is hurting very badly.

here is what it looks like:

Does anyone know what this is or what I can do to make it go away?[/img]

Debbie Miller, RN
Nurse

Postby Debbie Miller, RN » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:14 pm

I wonder if it could be a fungal infection of some type such as intertrigo, caused by candida albicans. The best thing would be for you to see a dermatologist but you could try an antifungal ointment to see if it makes a difference. If it is fungal, you can try keeping the area clean and dry, avoiding tight clothing.

Best wishes.
The answers in online forums are for information only and are not intended to substitute for medical advice and care. Please see your personal health care provider for further evaluation of your individual case.

Debbie Miller, RN

Return to “Dermatology Topics”