Armpits- Redness and ingrown

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
Mellortry

Armpits- Redness and ingrown

Postby Mellortry » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:44 pm

Hi.
Four years ago when I first waxed my armpits, it was very hot and reddened my armpits until this day. Since then, I've only plucked my armpit with tweezers, but now there's very small red bumps, more ingrowns (which i tackle out with tweezers and make worse), and rarely but a few postules with hair in them have existed. The area is slightly darker as well with some light skin lines runnign through like wrinkles. I've tried vitamin E cream and crushing Vit E capsules over the area (majority of my arm pit if affected)to try and lighten the redness/scarring/inflamation but his hasn't worked. What do you recommend first without having to see a doctor?

Thank your for your help in advance.

Debbie Miller, RN
Nurse

Re: Armpits- Redness and ingrown

Postby Debbie Miller, RN » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:19 pm

Sometimes a hydroquinone cream is used to lighten skin. Weaker strengths are available over-the-counter but stronger ones require a prescription. I can't say if this will work for you but it is something that is used. There are other topical products as well but you will need to consult with a dermatologist to determine if these are appropriate for you.

Good luck.
The answers in online forums are for information only and are not intended to substitute for medical advice and care. Please see your personal health care provider for further evaluation of your individual case.

Debbie Miller, RN

Return to “Dermatology Topics”