Can Chrons disease cause skin sores?

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
mojoogden

Can Chrons disease cause skin sores?

Postby mojoogden » Wed May 06, 2009 3:55 pm

I have chrons disease and i had a problem last year where i get these sores all over my head, and face. Its not acne they are hard sores and they bust and they are so sore. The only thing that will heal them is prednisone. I made an appointment but it took 3 months and they finally healed. Well they broke out again and once again I can't get into the dermotolist for 3 months so i took picture this time but I have taken a 10 days of predinose all of them have healed up but one still have one that it killing me. I don't know what to do. I have picture I can show you if that will help.

Dr.M.jagesh kamath
Medical Doctor

Re: Can Chrons disease cause skin sores?

Postby Dr.M.jagesh kamath » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:09 am

All celiac diseases including crohns do create problem on the skin.Dermatitis Herpetiformis is one such itching,blistering disease, DH.Diagnosis is by blood test,and by biopsy.If proved responds to treatment with gluten free diet,and medications like dapsone.Do consult your physician.Regards and best wishes for speedy recovery.
Dr.M.Jagesh kamath MBBS. Dvd Consultant dermatologist

Return to “Dermatology Topics”