Small lumps just under the skin

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
dollyrose4

Small lumps just under the skin

Postby dollyrose4 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:43 pm

Hi, I was unsure where to post but here goes!

My partner has two lumps one on the left side of his body just under the ribs and one on his hip. I was worried about them when I first noticed so asked him to go to the dr who adv they are just 'grissle' think thats in my partners words not the dr!

Anyway, now they are noticable not very big still but visable when you look closely they feel very round like a tiny ball about the size of a 10p. Hard.

Wondered if you could advise?

Dr.M.jagesh kamath
Medical Doctor

Re: Small lumps just under the skin

Postby Dr.M.jagesh kamath » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:59 am

Hello,The common conditions causing such lumps may be just fibromas and would not pose any risk.Neurofibromas could present like these and may be of genetic basis.The other important condition to rule out would be cysticercosis caused by tapeworms.A stool examination is warranted to rule out this out and treatment given if so.Since he does not have other redflag symptoms, for mention secondary deposits of other tumours is made here for completion sake.While this may be nothing more do get him examined and a biopsy may be considered if a diagnosis can not be made.Best wishes.
Dr.M.Jagesh kamath MBBS. Dvd Consultant dermatologist

dbressler8

Re: Small lumps just under the skin

Postby dbressler8 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:26 am

Hi! Since my husbands reunion and dancing on my right rib area on my back i feel pulling but no pain. it almost feels like something is stuck under my rib. should i be concerned? tomorrow is 2 weeks. i cant feel any lumps! thanks Darleen!

Return to “Dermatology Topics”