need to grow in height

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
choci

need to grow in height

Postby choci » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:44 am

iam 23 years old, male, no past diseases except for fever and cold etc, no surgeries, no current medications, my problem is my height, my parents are of normal height, father-5'4, mother-5'2, and iam 5'7.....but i need to grow a couple of inches more, i have heard about growth hormone, can i use it, would there be any use, if not suggest me an alternative, i have good growth in case of pubic hair but low in case of beard and moustache. my habits are, i smoke regularly and drink occasionally. please help me. looking forward for your reply.

thanking you.
XX XX

Dr. Chan Lowe
Medical Doctor

Postby Dr. Chan Lowe » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:01 pm

Hi Choci,

Based on your mid parental height growth prediction you are almost exactly where you would genetically be expected to end up in regards to your height.

At your age, your growth plates have closed. Due to this, using growth hormone is unlikely to cause any significant changes in your height.

I am not aware of any medication that can add height after the growth plates are closed.

Sorry I can't help you on this one.

Best wishes.

Return to “Endocrinology Topics”