Bump on Rib( Please respond)

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
aruedi28

Bump on Rib( Please respond)

Postby aruedi28 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:59 am

Last Year out of nowhere I started getting a wierd feeling right underneath my last rib bone on the left side. It felt like something was there but more so on the rib bone itself.
It felt like a bump and was tender and sore when I touched it. It didn't cause me enough pain to think it was serious because it would come and go. I finally went to the doctor and the P.A told me it was a pulled muscle and gave me Skelaxtin. It didn't do anything for that weird feeling so I went back and a different P.A told me I had IBS and gave me Zelnorm. Since I have for many years had problems with constipation I took that diagnosis as what the problem is. But what was not explained to me was why did I have a painful bump on my lower left rib. I also have a history of back and neck problems. I am at a wits end about what is going on with my body and this bump on my rib. If anyone knows what this could be please respond

Theresa Jones, RN
Nurse

Postby Theresa Jones, RN » Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:03 am

Hi aruedi28,
Was there any diagnostic procedure (xray) to rule out a previous fracture or other abnormality? If it was not done, I would suggest you discuss this with your physician so he/she can evaluate the area.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

Return to “Surgery Topics”