lump on sublingual gland area

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
vampsangel

lump on sublingual gland area

Postby vampsangel » Mon May 16, 2005 5:15 pm

I am a 26 year old female. About 10 days ago i was eating a hotdog and when i swallowed it, it burned my right tonsil area, which began to swell up. Then I noticed that a lump had also appeared under my tongue. Everytime I eat, the lump under my tongue swells up, and my right tonsil area burns and swells as well. It almost feels like the food is getting stuck. A few minutes after I eat... the swelling goes down a little, but the lump is still there, and there is this feeling that I have something stuck in my throat. I have been rinsing with Listerine and salt water for the entirety of this irritating problem. It has not helped. I am a smoker so, of course, the whole worry of oral cancer is on my mind. Is there anything else this can be? And should I go to an ENT or just to the ER? I'd really like to get rid of this thing.
vampsangel

vampsangel

UPDATE

Postby vampsangel » Tue May 17, 2005 1:17 pm

OK...update. I looked in the mirror this morning at my tonsil. Now there appears to be a reddish purple bump on it. I suppose this is what is hurting when I swallow food. It almost looks like a small blood blister. Everytime something irritates it... the lump under my tongue swells up. Someone please fill me in on what this is.
vampsangel

crissy71880

Postby crissy71880 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:26 pm

Sorry to bring up an apparently dead topic but I was wondering if this girl found out anything or if anyone else knows anything about what she had/has. It sounds exactly like what I have. The dentist said it was a blocked salivary gland... right after he said he's never seen anything like it before... very reassuring.

Return to “Surgery Topics”