normal low b12 level with neurological symptoms

Non-malignant hematology topics. For Leukemias and lymphomas please use the Oncology (Cancer) Forums.

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
joeybubbles

normal low b12 level with neurological symptoms

Postby joeybubbles » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:22 pm

Hi,
I'm a 44 y/o female with unremarkable PMH. My bloodpressure runs 90/40's, my cholesterol is always unusually low (ldl 40's, triglycerides 30's and total 90-115) My mother has ideopathic neuropathy, psoriasis, arthrits and osteoporosis and my father has htn.
The past 1-2 years I've had continuous tinnitus, most of the time I feel like I have slight motion sickness, burning skin sensation on my upper arms and jaw, and I've had 2 episodes of vertigo. No hearing loss. My MRI of spine and brain are normal, thyroid panel, cbc, bmp, serum immunoglobin electrophoresis, lyme panel , esr, ana and markers for celiac disease have all been normal. My b12 was 311. I take multivitamins and eat a lot of foods with b12. Could this low normal level be causing my symptoms? Many years ago I had an episode of abdominal pain and elevated ldh and slightly enlarged liver which resolved after 6 months and they felt maybe it was viral.

thanks for any information you can give me.

Theresa Jones, RN
Nurse

Postby Theresa Jones, RN » Wed Aug 16, 2006 5:53 am

Hi joeybubbles,
As was suggested in one of the replies to one of your other posts, an evaluation by an Endocrinologist would be effective in identifying if your symptoms are related to an endocrine dysfunction.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

Return to “Hematology Topics”