wHAT IS FROZEN ABDOMEN

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
chochies

wHAT IS FROZEN ABDOMEN

Postby chochies » Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:50 pm

My husband had a liver transplant on May 2007 and two weeks later developed a clot, on Oct 17 2007 they tried to do another liver transplant only they could not because he was bleeding too much and the doctor said that it was like trying to cut through a brick wall. He was in the hospital for seven weeks and I just brout him home my question is what will happen now? He seems to get worse each week. He has a wound vac and a drain in the liver that collects bile. The bile is now leaking through theincision and the doctor said that if they try to change the drain the incision that it will only get bigger because he is not healing properly. The doctors tell me that they are doing the best they can but he looks so bad. Can adheasions heal? My husband is 50 years old male liver failure diabetic,
hep c due to drug and alcohol. Thank You

Dr. Chan Lowe
Medical Doctor

Postby Dr. Chan Lowe » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:57 pm

Hi Chochies,

This is a really difficult situation. Adhesions can heal. Certainly do not give up hope. I suspect that this will be a fight for both you and your husband but it one worth taking.

My best advise is to keep very close contact with your doctors. It may also be helpful to have home health coming regularly to ensure that there is very good wound care.

Also, you'll want to watch for any signs of infection at the wound site like expanding redness or pus forming.

Best wishes. I hope this gets better soon for you and husband.

Return to “Liver Diseases”