2 year old Rabies?

Moderators: Radiodiagnosis Team, Primary Care Team, Cardiology Team

Forum rules
YOUR POST WILL REQUIRE APPROVAL - READ: Doctors Lounge Forum Rules and Regulations
• Use a precise title for your question otherwise it will NOT be approved.
• Do not post the same question more than once & maintain related posts in original thread.
• Do not use your real name or identifiable information - You can't edit/delete your post.
kenneth_loo

2 year old Rabies?

Postby kenneth_loo » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:07 pm

I was bitten by a dog about two years ago when I was back in Tibet, the dog was just being playful with my feet, and it scratched my ankle for a bit. The wound was very small, and no blood came out. I washed it later on with alcohol and it stung a bit.

I didn't use any vaccination afterwards, and the dog seemed fine after around 12 days, when we got back to the place.

I am wondering whether there is a possibility that I might get rabies in the future, and if there is anything I could do to prevent it.

Thank you

Debbie Miller, RN
Nurse

Postby Debbie Miller, RN » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:19 pm

I think you can rest assured that you did not contract rabies from this incident. The disease would have become apparent rather soon afterward and it does not remain dormant in your body to appear in the future. I'm sorry you have worried about this for so long already.
The answers in online forums are for information only and are not intended to substitute for medical advice and care. Please see your personal health care provider for further evaluation of your individual case.

Debbie Miller, RN

Return to “Viral Infections”