News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Diaharrea& BM

Cass11 - Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:45 am

Can someone help me? I have diaharrea almost every day, at least 3-4 times a week. I take Immodium on occasion, but not every day because I didn't think that would be healthy. Any idea what could be wrong with me? I've cut back on junk food and drink plenty of water.
Also, I usually have to have a BM in the morning, which i hate since I have to go to school and don't have time. I've tried taking my multi-vitamin in the afternoon to regulate myself for then, but no luck. What can I do? I realy hate having to go at school! Thank You.
 R. Zein, Pharm D - Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:44 pm

User avatar Dear

the fact that your bowel movement are reguar occuring every morning, should not upset you.

however you did not indicate since when you start having those diarrhea symptoms, ?
some times having loose stools could be reflection of your diet, not necessarly junk food, a diet full of fiber may contribute to loose stools.

however, if you think that you are having diarrhea (excessive loose stools), you should seek physician advice, it could be a result of gastroeneritis, especially if it happened suddenly or acutly.

thank you

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here