News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: still pain but no diagnosis yet

madcait - Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:27 am

:roll:

I am a 34 y/o F and have been experiencing lower right rib cage pain. Had a Hida scan and Gallbladder came back normal at 56% blood work also came back fine and liver and enzymes were normal. But I still have the pain and discomfort after eating and at night. It sometimes feels like I'm getting kicks like when I was pregnant and today the pain is like stabbing pain around my lower right rib. My Dr. wants to send me to a Gastro now. I usually have a day of constipation followed by a day of loose stools and lots of belching gas. Could it be ulcers?? or some other gastro problem?? muscle spasms causing the kicking feeling?? What other routes could there be??
 R. Zein, Pharm D - Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:37 pm

User avatar Dear
i think a visit to make to the gastrology doctor will for sure help. you might be having symptoms of irritable bowel syndrom which are very common in females and between 20-40 years of age.
i hope you feel better.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here