News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: sphincter of Oddi dysfunction or something else?

blueyes6479 - Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:06 am

I'm a 22 yr old female whose had 4 gastroenterologists, 3 endoscopies, 3 colonoscopies, CT scans, gastric emptying tests, ultrasounds, and an ERCP that all came out "normal." My galbladder was removed in 2001. My lab work is "normal" until my ERCP..2 days later my liver enzymes were triple the normal levels.
My symptoms: SEVERE pain, especially after eating, sometimes diarhhea relieves; nausea; small apetite, lower back pain. No relief with over 40 different meds. Cannot move during cramping episode; tried different diets, i eat very healthy when I can eat.

1. Could I have sphincter of Oddi dysfunction even though the manometry test in the ERCP was normal and my blood levels are usually normal?
2. Or, could I have Crone's in my small intestine where it is impossible to find with any current procedures?
3. What other tests or explanations are there?
 mom2boys - Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:32 pm

I have been very nauseated since I have had my gall bladder out. I have had an MRCP, CT-SCAN, And and Endoscopy. I was told that I have extra Bile in my Stomach and I am refluxing this up as well. I am still trying to find out what is wrong. I know that if you had Chrons it would show up from the colonoscopy and small GI series as well as the a cap study and CT scan.
I hope that you feel better soon. Many prayers to you.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here