News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: gastro or what?

mackie - Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:20 pm

I was diagnosed with stomach ulcers in 8/05 by upper endoscopy, due to (likely) NSAID's usage for my osteoarthritis. I responded quite well to Nexium, however, about 7 weeks later experienced severe pain after eating, shortness of breath, chest tightness, belching. 2nd endoscopy revealed ulcers were healed. Had numerous additional tests (colonoscopy-found bright blood in right colon, no source for bleeding). Capsule endoscopy performed as small bowel was suspected. Gallbladder, small bowel, pancreas, abdominal CT, normal. Nexium increased, no improvement. Any food disruptive. Am 53 year old female, ideal body wt., low cholesterol, fit. 1 year ago had stress cardiogram, normal. My quality of life drastically reduced since 08/05. Am weary of the pain, losing faith in the correct diagnosis and tx. Currently on prednisone for 2 weeks, ( gastro suspected maybe costochondritis) no improvement. Pain will not relent, except upon first waking, with empty stomach. Gnawing, pressure, accelerated heart beat, central quadrant, above naval, below breastbone. Please advise.
 themanj - Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:08 pm

i have pain in the upper left stomach. it's not real severe and comes and goes .its been like that for a couple of hours. i have gas, burping and rectal.it feels like a pulled muscle or something and i was wondering if it could be a strained muscle or gas. i lift heavy objects at work.the pain is right below my ribs under the left breast about where my ribs start. could you help me?
 mackie - Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:32 pm

My only recommendation would be to see your doctor, if no improvement has been noticed. It sounds like a pulled muscle is possible, given your line of work, however, only a guess.

Good luck.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here