News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: unexplained vomiting -- Please help

laurieann - Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:20 am

I am 25 yrs old. For the past 3 months I have been randomly throwing up. Didn't think much of it until recently. For the past 7 days I have thrown up every day. Usually about an hour or two after I eat. My stomach doesn't hurt. It just feels like the food never reaches my stomach and it is stuck in my chest and throat. This is mostly happening after supper, but there have been times that I throw up at work after lunch. I just feel like I can't keep anything down. I don't know what to do and my family is getting really concerned. Please help me??????
 underthesun10185 - Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:52 pm

I think I might have had the same thing you have. Do you find that liquids are especially hard to keep down? Water inparticular? Is it more of a regurgatation rather than a vomit?
 laurieann - Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:03 pm

Yeah I have found that water is hard to keep down. What did you do?
 underthesun10185 - Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:55 pm

Well, things got to the point for me where all I could consume was Pedialyte Freezer Pops for months. Had every medical test done possible, even went to the hospital in Gainesville Fl to seek further help. Only by the grace of God did I survive. Finally my doctor had me do a motility test by having an esophogaul menometry done. It's an awful test but well worth it. Apparently my upper stomach muscles weren't functiong so the food wasn't staying down. I believe there is medicine that can control it or fix it, but my was so severe surgery was necessary. Hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you, I know it's awful.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here