Question: Lump on stomach

finagel666 - Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:14 pm

My mother has a lump on her stomach. She had went to see her doctor about it and the doc told her to come back only if she had pain. I have done some research online to find out what it could be and I keep coming up with gastric cancer. Which seems to fit the profile seeing as how she has had cervical cancer and that cancer runs in the family. What scares me is that in reading about gastric cancer is that it said that by the time symptoms come the cancer is very hard to treat. Now I know that not everything is what it seems so that is why I write. What do you think it is? And who could I have her see for a second opinon a regular doctor or a specialist?
Thanks for your time,
Kristy
 finagel666 - Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:29 pm

She also has recently had surgery for incarcerated hernia and had 12 inches of intestine removed on april 15, 2005. I was wondering if you could give your thoughts on what the problem might be? I'm not looking for an exact diagnois just some ideas on what the doctor should be looking for.
Thanks,
Kristy

|