Question: movement in stomach, not pg

ktcuppycake - Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:16 pm

:? I'm a 24 y/o female... When I was laying in bed I could feel movement in my belly. I moved to different positions and it kept being there. Across the upper part like something was sliding back and forth inside of me. And it felt warm... A few days, maybe a week ago, I felt movement as well, but at that time I figured I was imagining things. (Our daughter was stillborn in April :cry: and we're on our second month of trying to conceive again.) It felt just like movement from a baby, but even if I were pregnant, I couldn't be far enough along for it to be that. I have suffered with nausea for years, but it seems to have increased lately, in case that could be related.
Thank You.
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:40 pm

User avatar Dear ktcuppycake,

Nausea results from dysfunction of any part in the digestive tract. The existence of other associated symptoms are very helpful to find out the underlying cause.
Anxiety and depression in many studied are proved to be of significant contribution to many gastrointestinal symptoms.

Nausea was found to be the major form of GI disturbances induced by Anxiety rather than in patients with depression. In these cases treatment of anxiety and depression is the main approach to control the GI problems.

Abdominal pain or colic, Nausea with or without Diarrhea or Constipation or an alternating between both of them, are probably symptoms of Irritable bowel syndrome.

Stress increases the frequency and the severity of symptoms in almost all cases.

IBS, a condition that is very benign as your doctor said and easily controlled by simple changes in the lifestyle, diet and avoiding stress.

If the symptoms increase in severity after simple measures, and you feel more sick, consult your physician and more investigations should be done accordingly.

|