Question: constipation

starinthemakin00 - Mon Mar 15, 2004 4:57 pm

hi im find this very embarrasing.I have not been able to go to the toilet for a poo for over a week im a bit scared now my stomach isbloated andd a bit painful at times can you tell me something to make it better or what it might be
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:40 pm

User avatar Dear Starinthemakin,

What is your usual bowel habits? Have you had this before where you go for such a long period of time without bowel movements? Are you passing any gas? Are you having any nausea or vomiting? How is your appetite? Have you been having any fevers? What is your eating habits? Do you eat enough fibers and salads and drink enough water? Are you taking any medications? Do you use any recreational drugs?

If this is simple constipation and not a complication of something, you can use stool softners and see if this helps.

Thank you very much for using our website http://doctorslounge.com and waiting for your response.

Heather199 - Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:25 pm

Hey, I know how you are feeling and i'm also embarassed about being constipated. I've had tiny bowel movements, but nothing too great. It all started on friday after supper I got a bad tummy ache and had diarrhea. I've listened to my bowel sounds and they are present. First the pain was on the left side but now it has migrated to the right side where it has stayed. I was eating hardly any fruits and veggies in the last 2 months. IN thel ast 3-4 days i've been eatings lots of fruits, veggies and bran. Today i feel really dehydrated and I have a fever. I have been passing gas also. Should i be going to the doctor?
 sap385 - Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:43 pm

I am no expert, but I have been having some what similar symptoms and have been doing a lot of research lately. Don't eat any raw fruit or vegetables at all! (brown rice, free range eggs, and especially organic or all natural chicken soup (homemade only, no canned soups) works wonders for most stomach problems). Your symptoms sound bad and could be crohn's disease or IBS you should go see a doctor right away!!!
 sap385 - Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:21 pm

sorry, the last post was meant for heather199.

|