Question: Whitish balls of ? on "front" of stools

eci - Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:48 pm

Hello, for the past 2 weeks it seems every time I have a BM there is a whitish "glob" at the "head" or beginning of my stool. The rest of the stool is normal color, shape. I don't have to strain, and the stools are fully formed. Sometimes there are streaks of red blood in these globs. It looks like a ball of snot for the most part. I have a Gastro appointment monday the 5th, but am curious if anyone has ever had similar symptoms. I am a 30 year old male non smoker, no family history of digestive cancers, but I do have GERD and take Nexium for it.

Since the glob is always at the beginning of the stool it seems like it's "in the way", and when I have a BM the stool shoves the glob out in front of it. I have no pain or abdominal discomfort at all.

WARNING: THE PICTURES BELOW ARE OF THIS PROBLEM.

http://members.cox.net/waster/s1.jpg
http://members.cox.net/waster/s2.jpg

:(
 FlippinFRACK - Sun Dec 04, 2005 8:25 pm

I have the same thing... only i ussually have more blood.. it is like a ball of mucus and a ball of blood in my case.. they also streak down the outside of my BM. Sometimes I will think i have to go to the bathroom but only mucus and blood will come out. Additionally I suffer from constipation (a BM once every week or two). This is going on two years. I saw a GI one year ago.. since then I was first told I have IBS but i didnt buy that it was my only condition. So I got two colonoscopies and a Upper GI Barrium Scan.. everything seems to come out okay until the second colonoscopy in which i was diagnosed with Proctitis.. this is liek an inflamation fo the rectum... but he told me that only like 3cm were inflammed... i was surprised such a small section could give me such problems.... I have been on Zelnorm, Canasa suppositories, and Miralax..... but honestly the blood and mucus are still there and the only difference is that I poo more often and have more stomach discophort and gas. If you find anythign out please post it thanks.
 eci - Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:29 am

I was diagnosed, after colonoscopy, with "mild" proctitis. The doc said " otherwise normal colon ". He gave me the suppositories called Proctocort. Hopefully this will clear up and isn't the start of UC.

|