Question: Light pain in my lower left abdomen...for 2 years..

Speakeasy - Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:55 am

I know I should have had this checked out before 2 years went by...

I went to the doctor about a year ago..

I'll start off by giving a little info...

I'm 22, 180 pounds. I used to eat garbage.. I'd eat Mcdonalds on a daily basis because no one ever told me otherwise.. a few years ago i swore off fast food and began eating somewhat healthy.. i'm no health freak now but i try to eat reasonable..

I've had a dull pain in my lower left abdomen which is about inbetween my naval and pubic bone, but definitely on the left side only. I had apendicitis when I was 16 or 17 so my appenix is removed.

The pain has never really exceeded a 2 or 3 on a scale of 1 to 10 which is why I was never REALLY concerned about it..

I went to the doctor about a year ago and he gave me a quick examination and said he didn't feel anything and ran a blood test which he called me a few days later and told me he found nothing but i should go for a catscan anyway... i didn't have the time or money to go so I never went..

Over the past 2 years the pain has been intermittent... it would be there from the time i woke up till i went to bed some days... then it wouldn't be there for weeks...

I have no symptoms that I know of, only when I press directly in about 2 inches do i feel any pain... but when pushing directly in i can feel a tender spot deep inside which when I press hard jumps the pain level to about a 4 or 5...

I've looked up a lot of cases on the internet of lower left pain but most of it was either a UTI or Diverticulitis which from what I read is highly unlikely since I'm only 22 and have none of the symptoms..

Just curious if anyone has any knowledge of what this could be.. it's not a heavy pain at all but it really does prey on my mind and worries me thinking it could be something really serious..

Thanks in advance,
David
 Speakeasy - Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:01 am

Also sorry, I don't have any trouble with bowel movements and only had a bloody stool once which i believe may have been before the pain even began... other than that my bowel movements have been regular and normal.

I do drink liquids like a fish, i can never seem to have enough to drink but that may just be how I'm made...

Thanks again
 melissa0912 - Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:15 am

wow your story sounds exactly like mine.. i am searching the internet for answers. I am also 22 yrs old, female and have the same exact symptoms. I don't know how old this post is, but have u found any further information?

|