News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Gastroenterology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gastroenterology Answers List

Forum Name: Gastroenterology Topics

Question: Embarrasing question

curlycute - Thu Dec 15, 2005 5:09 pm

I have been suffering for a while from wetness in my anal area, that is bothersome. It seems like I am always wet. I also experience a lot of flatulances, all day, a lot. please help
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:30 am

User avatar Hi curlycute,
Does the promblem increase with certain foods, milk? Have you tried eliminating some of the foods that cause gas to worsen?
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN
 curlycute - Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:20 pm

Thank you for replying to my question, however, I do not know which foods make my gas problem worse. I don't reallly drink too much milk, but I do consume, eggs, meat, cheese. I really don't want to stay away from them, is there any other cause or should I just refrain from eating these foods or are there any "safe" foods out there that I should try. Thank you.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:52 am

User avatar Hi curlycute,
Changes in diet would identify if the problem is food related or if it's related to another disorder. If one food is eliminated at a time for a few days and your symptoms improve you will know which ones are causing the most problems. For instance if you notice the gas and wetness is increased on the days when you consume milk or milk products such as cheese, ice cream, certain processed breads etc., then you may have a problem digesting lactose in which medications may be taken prior to ingesting these particular substances. Be sure to notify your physician if your symptoms persist for an evaluation.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here