Question: very rapid unintentional weight loss and blood in stools

wiltingaway35 - Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:16 am

Hi, I am a 35 yr old female. I have been having lower right side abdominal pain for some time now, and a month ago I was rushed to the hospital with what was thought to be appendicitis. But, once they did a CT scan, they said that all they found was a massive cyst on my right ovary. Then 2 days later the hospital calls me back, says they found streaking on my CT scan that indicates infection and I need to get right back in there. So, I go back and the Dr that come in to see me says he didn't see what they were talking about. I have had light tan, very soft and thin stools with bright red blood in them. I have since lost 28 lbs., feeling weaker every day. My RBC was slightly low. Urinalysis showed many bacteria, ketones, protein 1+, squamous epi cells were high. Also, my heart rate is around 104-108 bpm. I had barium enema 2 days ago as PCP thinks I may have IBS. Also waiting for ESR bloodwork(whatever that is for). My mother diagnosed with colon polyps a few years ago. I also had cervical cancer in 92-93. Just a little confused and exausted! Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you
 wiltingaway35 - Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:31 am

I should also mention that I am currently on Adderall XR for Adult ADD and Lamictal for Bipolar. My PCP seems to have dismissed all of my other symptoms and says he believes the Adderall is causing it all. He was very obviously stumped. Most generally I have a very high respect for him, but this time I know there is more to this. Oh, and the abdominal pain has moves to my left side and is very severe at times, more on the left side now than the right. Sorry for being so long. Many thanks ahead of time!!!

|