Question: tongue sore and splitting

Msbrea1 - Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:48 pm

I was wondering if you could give me some info an this, my tongue is sore and it feels like it is cracking. Alot of times when I eat something it hurts, and some times it just hurts to be hurting. I have never had a piercing or anything like that. Is there anything I can take for this. I look forwar to your response.
 Dr. Russell M - Fri Apr 02, 2004 11:44 am

User avatar Hi!

Oral hygeine and adequate allowances for vitamin C and Vitamin B complex should help to keep the oral cavity healthy. If the pain is unbearable, there are over-the-counter analgesics that can be applied to the area for temporary relief while measures are taken to keep the oral cavity healthy. Benzocaine 20% oral analgesic paste is one such oral agent that helps pain.

Oral hygeine would involve brushing the teeth b4 going to bed, frequent saline mouth washes, antiseptic mouth wash every night, etc.

Hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Bill

|